protection Re: ISP Questions

by Witchy <witchy(at)witchys.net>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:55:00 -0400
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:58 PM 6/20/01 -0700, you wrote:
>This is true with dial ups too.  I'm on a dial up and have Zone Alarm
>installed.  It stops about 1 suspected break-in almost everytime I'm
>on-line, sometimes more often.  There is one especially pesky one from Asia
>that has hit me sometimes as much as 3 or 4 times when I am on-line for even
>a short time.
>Karin

ummm, I'm not sure if anyone would be interested, there's a place that I go
to, called Shields Up, that tests your computer, and if you have any 'holes
open' will tell you how to close them. (which I did the first time I went)
He talks very , well, *G* I'm afraid that I have No Knowledge at all of
computers, and  how they work, and even I understood what to do (how to
follow the directions).
I'm sending the addy, in case any one would like it, (hope this will be ok,
with the list manager :( if not, than I do apologize, it just seems
something people could benefit from.

https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2