Re: Dreamweaver

by Jack Beslanwitch <jack(at)webwitch.com>

 Date:  Sat, 30 Jun 2001 13:50:54 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
         I also love Dreamweaver and have never really had a problem
converting Word Documents. I just slip back into Allaire home site and
clean up any left over bits and pieces. My biggest issue lately is that
Dreamweaver UltraDev seems to be scrunching large blocks of  html code and
other. This makes it somewhat of a pain to hand code. It does seem to leave
certain parts of the code alone. I have attempted to play with preferences
to make it leave alignment alone, but without much success.
         Still, I would not give up Fireworks/Dreamweaver UltraDev for
anything. I just keep Homesite handy and close to get in and clean up any
coding catastrophes.

At 11:25 AM 6/30/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I really love Dreamweaver except for one little quirk (and yes, I have run
>across the table issue, but only when I accidentally drag the table. That's
>where having the view source and the wysiwyg window open at the same time
>helps). I can never get it to TOTALLY clean up Word documents. I have several
>customers who send me stuff in Word, which initially, I tried to convert to
>html, then run it through the "Clean up Word HTML". It never totally gets
>rid of
>the <span>, <Font family>, and other weird tags that Word tacks in. I've taken
>to just copying and pasting directly from the document itself, then adjusting
>margins and what have you however I need to. Still misses some tags, though,
>even when I put in to clean up specific tags. Oh, well. I gotta earn my money
>somehow:-)
>
>Rick Hammond wrote:
>
> > My complaint of dreamweaver is that if you try doing some of it's automated
> > items it puts in code that is being depreciated or dosen't allow your page
> > to validate, but then thats why we do the hand coding. just my .02
> >
> > Rick Hammond

Jack Beslanwitch
Domain Name Hosting | Web Design | Graphics
Web Witchery  Consulting http://www.webwitch.com
sites include: http://www.sfnorthwest.org  | http://www.norwescon.org |
http://www.forwriters.com
voice: (206) 723-9906 FAX: (206) 374-2188 email: jack(at)webwitch.com