RE: OT? databases?

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:24:59 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
 Cc:  "psalmon" <psalmon(at)cafes.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
OK, easy answer.

Use Access.  You can easily transport the data to a more robust database in
the future if needs change.  (Then again Excel might just work, too, if you
don't want to build a relational DB.)

or .....

Download and install Oracle's personal database.  (
http://otn.oracle.com/software/content.html ) It's *free* after you
register with them.  Then, if you decide to move the data to a more formal
Oracle system, you will have no problems.  The only real caveats using the
Oracle personal database are its size and learning curve.