Re[2]: Internet Explorer & GIFs

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:49:06 -0400
 To:  "Cook,
Shelby" <scook(at)equibase.com>
 Cc:  javascript <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
><Shelby>
> Hmmm, maybe I'm missing something but I'm mapped to several servers.  The
> .gif does not show up if I use the File Open commands (regardless of whether
> the page is saved locally or on the server).  The .gif only shows up if I
> use the internet address to open the page.

(Sorry 'bout the lapse in response time, it's been a hectic week!)

That *sounds* like what I've been seeing. The GIF files don't seem to
be corrupted, they work fine everywhere else (other applications,
etc.) it's just when viewing the page off the hard drive instead of
via the internet that GIFs don't display. JPEGs do, BTW.

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri Bergson (1859-1941) - French philosopher