RE: Disabling <SELECT>

by "Angi Krauskopf" <AKRAUSKOPF(at)novell.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:04:47 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
<pbenoit(at)triton-network.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hmmm..... That's a great suggestion, but I don't think it will quite =
accomplish what I'm after. I have 3 select elements, and I want to prevent =
users from selecting something from both elements 2 & 3 (but they can =
select from elements 1 & 3, or from 1 & 2). In IE this works great--I can =
use a Javascript to disable select element 3 when they select something in =
element 2 and visa versa. But without being able to use Javascript to =
disable a select element, I'm at a bit of a loss.=20

Thanks!
Angi=20

>>> Peter Benoit <pbenoit(at)triton-network.com> 06/28/00 03:25PM >>>
Off the top of my noggin,=20

<SELECT onfocus=3D"document.somethingelse.focus()">

You'll have to tinker with that, not sure it will give you the desired
results.  May be a better answer out there.

-Peter