Re: Importing ColdFusion to PHP4?

by Suzanne Ankerbrand <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>

 Date:  Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:11:04 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok -- everyone is telling me php is not a database. I do know that so let
me rephrase my question. (My programmer should be asking this -- not me,
I'm the designer...)

We want to use their database information in mySQL whereupon we can
manipulate the data using php4? We are concerned about taking their
database info and putting into mySQL. From another reply I see Cold Fusion
is just another methods for accessing/manipulating databases. So the real
question is what database is supplying CF with info? Is any of this a
concern?? Will images import ok?

I did not see anything on php.net on php vs CF -- thanks for the
recommenation though.

Suzanne