Re: SSL problem with IE on Apache Server (long)

by Tenley Shewmake <ts(at)awebresource.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Oct 2001 19:20:59 -0700
 To:  Testing at HWG <hwg-testing(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for your input!!

Kathy Wheeler wrote:
> I *thought* it was an IE cache issue, as it only happens with versions of IE that have already visited the site at some time in the past, and not (yet) on machines with cache purged or first visit.

I haven't tested this, but I have 2 virgin machines I can test with
tomorrow. I'll post when I know.

>  when you get that error message the correct URL displays in the location bar. IF you place your cursor in the location bar (end of the url) and hit enter (effectively a reload) the page
> loads correctly (at least mine do ;-)

If I use the back button (after getting the error) and resubmit the form
it works - only the customer has to re-enter some data (as a security
step we are preventing their credit card from being saved).

I'll try your step, although I already know if I press reload I get a
different and more user unfriendly message.

--
Best Regards,

Tenley

Tenley Shewmake, Webmaster Alterra Furniture
http://www.awebresource.com/furniture/
ts(at)awebresource.com