Re: A question....

by "Judith C. Kallos" <webmaster(at)theistudio.com>

 Date:  Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:25:16 -0500
 To:  Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>,
hwg-testing(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hey, Kym:  ;-)

At 02:57 AM 07/21/2001 +0930, Kym Jones wrote:
>Well I'll get the ball rolling....
>
>Can I post a URL to a site that I didn't create ?
>
>I have a friend that is trying to convince me that a particular piece of
>software is *the* greatest thing since sliced bread, and I have my doubts.

This new list is specifically for the testing of web-based applications and
for the discussion of testing practices to measure their functionality -
presumably by the developer of the project.   Not really to judge sales
claims of another site owner's product, especially if it is not a Web based
application.

>I would like to post the URL's to see if everyone is seeing them the same
>way we are so that I can report discrepancies back to him.

Testing of the Web based software or a critique of the site?  If a critique
of the site in general that post would be best on the HWG-Critique
list.  To post a third  party's site for critique or otherwise without
their permission is not recommended.

We have to be careful when discussing businesses by name or by URL on the
lists:  <http://www.hwg.org/lists/rules.html#7>

HTH!  ;-)
/j