Re: more on frames

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stephan_Brevik_Nedreg=E5rd?= <stephann(at)student.sv.uio.no>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Nov 1998 16:36:59 +0100
 To:  Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  hwg-theory <hwg-theory(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

>My browser (Opera) allows me to turn off frames.  Since I don't like
>'em that much, I left it that way for a while.  Guess what I saw?
>
>     Your browser does not support frames!  Please upgrade to
>     a newer browser like Netscape 2.0! [LINK]

Yep, I've been there. Those "I'm really stupid, so I forgot to write a page
that you can actually read" error messages. And then, when you tell them you
turned off frames, they first cannot believe you ("You turned off *FRAMES*?
Why would you possibly want to do that!?") then they think it's an on-screen
toggle ("Why don't you turn it on before coming to my site?").

With that kind of intelligence, how could structural information have any
hope to survive?

STEPHAN NEDREG�RD
"Frames are evil, structure is good"