Re: Entire site in Flash?

by "Travis Wall" <wallt(at)cadvision.com>

 Date:  Sat, 15 Aug 1998 17:11:57 -0600
 To:  "HWG Theory" <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Pardon me for being slow on the uptake here, but if it was possible
>to do your site in plain HTML then why would you use Flash in the
>first place?

    No apologies necessary.

>I assume you use Flash because you are illustrating something
>which can only be properly represented in Flash, otherwise why
>bother? In which case you could never get your content across
>on your HTML version of the site. What does your HTML site
>say? "Sorry, but you can't see what I want you to see. Go
>somewhere else"

    You do an entirely Flash site 'cause
    it look good; especially if you're
    (like me) rather finicky about
    typographic conventions (which
    don't exist in regular HTML).

    You're plain text site would have
    similar content, few pictures and
    mostly text. (At least that's how
    I'd do it - since you could make it
    v2 browser compliant too)

regards
---
Travis Wall, Graphic Designer
Defiance Visual Industries

"design is the tribute art pays to industry"
---     (Paul Finch, Architect's Journal)