Re: CAPS?

by "B. Szyszka" <bart(at)bgrafyx.com>

 Date:  Sun, 9 Aug 1998 11:23:47 -0400
 To:  "Beverly K" <bev_k(at)hotmail.com>,
<hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> is it considered better form to use lower case or upper case when
> writing a tag?
>Example:

I think generally uppercase tags stand out better if your HTML editor
doesn't support tag color coding. This is what I used for a while,
until I played around with HomeSite's (I think it was the second version
at the time) tag-conversion feature. After that, I used lowercase from
then on because it just looked better for me (like an e-mail message
that isn't in all caps). It's a matter of personal preference. The specification
says you can do it either way for elements and attributes, but on the
other hand, values are the ones that are case sensitive. So either of
these should do it:
<BODY>....</BODY>
<BODY>....</body>
<BoDy>...</boDy>