Legal Rulings [WAS: Re: Stickin' to m' guns]

by "David Meadows" <david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Apr 1998 23:56:41 +0100
 To:  <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I will simply say that commercial web pages must be accessible to all.  As
>per the ADA.  There has been a DOJ ruling on the subject.  You can have
>legal action brought against you if your sites offer goods or services and
>are not accessible.  Since you have chosen to make your attitude public,
you
>would not stand a chance in court.

Now this is really interesting. I had never heard of this DOJ ruling.

This poses another interesting question. I live and work in the UK. If I had
public pages up, they would be hosted on a UK server.

How does the DOJ ruling (ANY 'net-related ruling, this is just one example)
affect me?

David Meadows
Technical Writer
DNRC Minister for Littorasy
david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk
"Vision or Imagination is a Representation of what Eternally Exists"
    -- William Blake