Re: books & mozilla

by Liz <liz(at)schreiber.lakeheadu.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:25:51 -0500
 To:  hwg-xml(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Yes, you are right, I meant Nescape 6

but Netscape 6 is not released it is in PREVIEW (and not all of its
feature work in the Preview), as far as I know.
http://www.netscape.com/download/previewrelease.html

Also, IE 5.x is the only release browser, as far as I know, that has a
built-in XML parser that conforms to the W3C recommendations.

Prior browsers of any kind do not have an XML parser, either IE or
Netscape or Opera etc.

XHTML is HTML built with some of XML's rules, therefore the browsers can
possibly parse XHTML with their built-in HTML DTD and parser.

I think, XHTML is the 'in-between' since the "browsers in general" do
not support XML just yet.

(I see MS has now released IE5 for the MAC) :-)

:-)
Liz Boutilier