Re: Images & mouseovers

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:11:29 -0700
 To:  Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>
 Cc:  John Allred <webmaster(at)mscounties.com>, hwg-xml(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:57 AM 9/23/2000 , Tamara Abbey wrote:
>John,
>
>Following my 24-36 hour crash course, /any/ style attributes are not allowed in XHTML tags.

This is only true if you're using XHTML 1.0 Strict, but is not
true if you are using XHTML 1.0 Transitional.  The Transitional
flavor of XHTML allows for style attributes just like the
Transitional flavor of HTML does.

>And, still no progress on the mouseovers -- yet. A few attempts and ideas, but none that validate, so I guess I'll end up going with the tried-and-true even if it doesn't validate. Rats, I really like to validate too.

Can you show me the code that you're having problems validating?
That would be a good place to start.  You should be able to make
valid XHTML mouseovers as easily as HTML mouseovers, modulo a little
tweaking to fit XHTML's XML syntax rules.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett                                    mailto:kynn(at)hwg.org
Board Member, HTML Writers Guild                 http://www.hwg.org/