Alt text in image maps

by "The Woodmans" <woodman(at)superaje.com>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2000 08:40:30 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Jennifer,
    I'm fairly new to this stuff, and have been "lurking" in the shadows for
a few weeks now. I've learned some good stuff from this list, and now I may
have something to offer.
    In trying to use "alt"  text with an image map so that the "tool tips"
would provide dynamic captions for the different areas, I discovered that it
works fine in IE (as in Fuzzy's example below), but does not work in NN.
Navigator just shows a tool tip with the main image's "alt" text, rather
than that for each area.

Crawford Woodman
woodman(at)superaje.com

-

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 06:50:06 -0400
From: "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
Subject: Re: Image Map

yes. Definitely.

<.AREA SHAPE=RECT COORDS="0,27,116,60" HREF=programs2.html#crrd ALT="Link
to information for camps, recreation departments and resorts">

HTH,
Fuzzy