Re: Copyright violations (is Re: Image Stealing)

by "Maggie Carr" <m.a.carr(at)decaelo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:18:25 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Regarding this "stealing" business.

What started out as a very interesting thread, and a case of clearly pirated
materials, seems to have degenerated into acrimony.

I don't for a minute believe you Fuzzy have ever NOT used a single bit of
code or graphic, ever, from the Web. Did you re-invent JAVA all on your own?
Was that before, or after, you dreamed up PERL?

And I also think the attitude of sending shots about blocking people says
more about the speaker than the person it was aimed at.

Go to any good how-to site, and you will find consistent recommendation that
people who are learning HTML to look at the source of good sites by good
writers, this is how to learn.

here's one: http://www.alistapart.com
another: http://www.webpagesthatsuck.com
another: http://www.webmonkey.com

I am very glad that the mean-spirited attitude expressed in a recent flame
is not shared in any respect by the front-runners who know how to write
sites.

And Kirill, I hope you know that your comments are welcome and appreciated
by the other members of the group and you have nothing to apologise for. I
would not say the same for certain others, more like grounds for exclusion.

Maggie.