Re: 2 questions

by "Paul Wilson" <webgooru(at)gte.net>

 Date:  Wed, 6 Sep 2000 13:28:56 -0500
 To:  "Lady Wistfulee" <nospammerstowistfulee(at)millenicom.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Thank you again Capt. Fuzzy...
> On a related note,  don't web accessibility issues come into play with
> government sites too?  I recall a thread about Janet Reno's directive (I
> could be wrong on who issued the directive) about all government sites
being
> accessible to people with disabilities.
> This is NOT supposed to start a thread about accessibility, or a flame
> war...just curious.

Well....  she does not have legal cognizance of all government websites.
She has no real oversight of military, judiciary or congressional websites
and only a very slim amount of control over state and local websites.
Besides, what constitutes a government website?  Is a Gov't. contractor's
website under this? ( BTW the answer is yes, in most cases )

I think this is one of those things where the majority go along with her
because it's easier than getting in a flap and it also makes good sense.

Paul Wilson
webgooru(at)gte.net