Re: 2 questions

 Date:  Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:41:58 -0400
 To:  Web boy <web_boy_(at)yahoo.com>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
My best, most professional, experience earned, advise:

Quit Immediately.

Whoever is pulling your strings is COMPLETELY clueless - but obviously
powerful enough to see to it that YOU take the blame when this project goes
in the toilet.

Given the information you have already passed along here; it is OBVIOUS
this project is destined for exactly that: The toilet.

What ever your name is (it's not on your post anywhere): YOU ARE BEING SET
UP TO FAIL.

Trust me on this part: I do a LOT of work for government agencies - both
state and federal. What you are relaying is CLEARLY not in compliance with
the standards and procedures set forth for these agencies in presenting
their WWW presence.

"Somebody" is eventually going to catch on to that. When the poop hits the
fan, you KNOW it's not going to be your boss that stands up and says "I
really screwed up. I wasted thousands and thousand of hours and dollars on
this, and I really deserve to be fired immediately - because I'm an idiot."

Nope.

He is going to stand up tall and proud, disavow any knowledge, and _swear_
to can the person responsible for writing those page ~~immediately~~.

Woops.

Seriously, it's pretty common knowledge on this list that I make the
majority of my living fixing other peoples brain farts (what you describe
is an *excellent* example of one). I have attended more than a few meeting
exactly like I just described to you.

HTH,
Fuzzy
<been there - done that>