RE: Copyright violations (is Re: Image Stealing)

 Date:  Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:44:40 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
 Cc:  "Ciril A. Prasaleff" <Ciril_Presley(at)mail.ru>, "'kixi(at)altavista.net'" <kixi(at)altavista.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You know what I have found that works *really* well?

E-Mail.

I simply send the owner of the art a message asking for their permission to
use it (usually explaining my intentions for display, and offering a link
to them), and 9 times out of 10,  I get permission to use the darned piece
of art.

If I don't get permission - I don't use the art.

Works 100% of the time.

Fuzzy.