Re: Best way to control font size?

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:47:32 +0930
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

<more snipping>

At 12:43 PM 09/14/2000 , JamesKB wrote:
>[snip]
>
>> The other relative values (<.font size="75%">) stink in tables - real bad.
>> Besides . . . I'm not so sure you can do a "font percent" legally anyway .
>> . . can you?
>
>Thanks for you input.  Why do you say they "stink" in tables??  I've used
>"font percents" in tables many times and they seem to work ok?  As for the
>"legally anyway "... my code always validates with WC3. Any more thoughts??
>I hope to learn more.

</more snipping>

hmm...okay, it's late here and I'm wading through a bazillion emails, but
this caught my eye. I don't know what preceded it, but I am ever so curious.

How can a font size be decreed by percentage ? ...percentage of what ?

Someone want to enlighten me :))

Kym

FoJo Media  -  for Creative Graphics & Web Design
Visit The Garden for FREE graphics
PhotoImpact Users - Get FREE objects in UFO format.
http://www.fojomedia.com