Re: nested tables and Netscape

 Date:  Tue, 27 Feb 2001 13:45:39 -0500
 To:  "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>,
"HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:32 PM 2/27/01 , Ted Temer wrote:
>Nor did he have several people simultaneously yelling such advise in his ear
>as: "DTD - 3.2 no, 4.1 - Transitional - no, Standard - JavaScript is bad! -
>JavaScript is good, it's ASP that's bad -- No No, ASP is good, it's CGI
>that's bad ... and on and on, etc. etc.

I have to step in here. Sorry. This is just such a HOOT!!!

Ted. Why would ANYONE have to listen to that? That would make ANYONE nuts
(like me!).

ALL the developer has to do is two simple things:

1) DO NOT use transitional DTD's. Period.
2) Submit whatever flavor of the language they do choose to use to the W3
validator. And keep submitting it until they get it right.

Someone PROVE me wrong here, but:

When you get that result page back and it says "No Errors Found !" You can
bet your farm that EVERYONE will at the very least be able to
see/purchase/interact with your pages. And after all, isn't that the goal
of a web page. . . generally?

What is so complex and confusing?

Yes. It IS a bad craftsman that blames shoddy work on his tools - every time.

Fuzzy.