RE: Small website design . . . DTD Modification

 Date:  Tue, 02 Oct 2001 10:54:52 -0400
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Uuummmm . . . errrr . . . ahhhhhh . . .

This means the problem is NOT the DTD my friend, it means there is a
compliance issue. By removing "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" you
have simply removed the reference the browser is using to render the page -
it is now *guessing* how to do it. That means bad things for (document)
stability and predictability!!

Please, be informed according to the W3, HWG, and most all other
"knowledgeable" sources, a complete (and specific) DTD is a *required* element.

HTH,
Fuzzy
<REALLY hoping this isn't taken . . offensively>

At 08:58 AM 10/2/01 , Bjorn Van Simaeys wrote:
>Hi Bert,
>Thanks *VERY* much for your tip:  I dropped the
>"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd" out of the doctype, and THIS SOLVED
>THE PROBLEM!
[ . . .]