Re: Link Co name with contact info

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 1999 22:09:41 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:20 PM 10/12/99 , janet lynne tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:

[snip]

>The client just said that they
>would like to have the contact name and info come up when the company is
>clicked.  The best I could think of was to have a popup window for each
>company but that's gonna be a whole lot of coding and slow the whole page
>up - not to mention that updates are gonna be a lot more complicated.
>
>Any other ideas?

Hi Janet!

Have you considered using a onMouseover event to pop up a graphic of the
contact info? Just text on a white background shouldn't be a huge overhead
for a gif file.

Or.... you might use a Javascript to provide something like a menu
selection box to list the contact data. There just wouldn't be a submit
button. Click the arrow/link/graphic to read the contact data.

Just a thought....or two.

JP