Re: CSS for older browsers

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:54:38 +1100
 To:  thewolves(at)bigfoot.com,
Bob Sprague <bsprague1(at)rcn.com>
 Cc:  List HWG Basic <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Bob,

At 02:46 PM 15/12/2002 -0800, Larry Coats wrote:
>When it comes to NN 4 versions, I don't think advising them to upgrade is
>the way to go. People who are still using it tend to be people who don't
>like the alternatives.

Or, for business reasons, are prevented from upgrading!
(yes - you can upgrade your browser, but then you won't be able to access
the finance system - which function is more mission-critical? :)

Some intranets require certain versions of browsers due to their reaction
to plugins and digital certificates.  Telling someone to upgrade when they
hate their browser but are powerless to change won't encourage them to stay
on your site.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156