newsletter

by goertza(at)fatalerr.com

 Date:  Sun, 02 Jul 2000 15:54:58 -0600
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
 "Olav Lavell" <olavell(at)xs4all.nl>

re:

Subject: RE: newsletters

Shelley Watson write:

> > adalbert goertz wrote:
> >
> > .PDF is NOT what you want. TEXT is what you want.
> > EVERY computer can handle TEXT. NOT every computer can
> > handle .PDF
> > or Adobe.
> > Trust me on this one :-)
>
>  Ok, I'll bite - what computers can't handle PDF's.  My
> understanding and Adobe's claim is that pdf's can be viewed on
> any system (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/main.html) so
> I'd be interested in hearing what problems are associated with
> this product.

I think what Adalbert means is: not every computer can handle PDF because
not every computer has Acrobat Reader installed, and users should not be
forced to install software they did not want/need before they started to
receive your newsletter.

adalbert goertz responds:

No, I did NOT mean that. The operating system on my Apple2 is incompatible
with Adobe, so I cannot load it to my computer.
So, when Adobe claims that everyone can install it, that is not the
case.
TEXT (=ascii) files present no problem, and the formating is just fine
for the church newsletter I get from our church.

I am sending this message in TEXT format (=ascci). Can everyone read it?
I hope so.