Re: search engine refinement

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)uswest.net>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:43:05 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Elias,

Thanks for your input on search engine strategy but perhaps I didn't
make myself clear that I was talking about a search engine on site
that would only be searching the documents that I specify.

What I have is a car dealership. I put the name of the car on each
page's metatags. So when a person types in "chevy" it will only bring
up those pages with chevys on them and not pick up the "buick, chevy,
pontiac, olds" logos and alt tags, links to the other pages, etc.,
that appear on each page in the html code and other text. This is why
I need it to only search the meta tags. I'm just starting to load the
car pages and there will be hundreds of them eventually so it's
important that I get this fine tuned now.

I am aware of being able to eliminate some pages from the search but
what I need is to know how to get it to focus just on the meta tags.

If you or anyone else has any suggestions for me I would appreciate
it. Here is the URL of the search engine:

http://parkwaychevrolet.net/cgi-bin/search.cgi

Thanks,

Lori