annoying/ spawn window behind main window

by Lori Eldridge <lorield(at)qwest.net>

 Date:  Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:22:05 -0800
 To:  hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Blue,

I don't see any purpose in these "pop unders" other than to annoy visitors and I hate them with a wite hot passion and make it a point to not return to sites that use them.

Lori

======

Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:43:29 -0600
From: "Blue Tapp" <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>
Subject: spawn window behind main window

I have searched and searched and cannot find the JavaScript to spawn a popup
window BEHIND the main window.  Can anyone help?  Also, what I would prefer
to have is a popup window that would only be spawned when the user leaves my
site to go elsewhere.  Can this be done?  (I know how to spawn a window when
a user leaves the page but I don't want that since it would become very
quickly annoying.)
Thanks!
Blue