Re: Hosting Company Recommendations Needed

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 06 Oct 2001 11:22:36 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

--

I held back because I was sure at least a dozen people would recommend them
before me, but I am surprised: anyway, we have used Pair Networks for at

They are set up for resellers, offering discounts, etc.. Here are some
stats from their newsletter:

- host over 113,000 unique Web sites.
- over 14,000 Value-Added and Authorized Resellers.
- over 600 Web servers in a custom built datacenter.
etc, etc.

The main reason I am comfortable with them is that they have been
consistent in their approach to business ethics, stability and
infrastructure. There were problems off and on over the years as they
worked the kinks out of the tech support system, but they now have a phone
support number (in Beta testing), which I have never had to use because
their support documentation is excellent, and when that fails, there is an
email support address that usually yields an answer within 24 hours.

I have to admit I am a bit of a fan - having watched this company build
itself up from a single person in Pittsburgh to what it is today, mostly
based on a consistent business plan. My interest in this company is that I
spend a lot there every month on the accounts of all our clients and sites
that we run and host, I will benefit in no way from pitching them other
than in promoting their further growth and stability.

http://www.pair.com/

Cheers
Kevin Jackson

--
Biz-Zone Internet Group Inc.
Web developers, publishers and consultants.