Re: Need to sue in US....

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Mon, 04 Feb 2002 09:58:47 -0800
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Andrew Frain" <andrew(at)afrain.freeserve.co.uk>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sticky wicket.

You are in the UK and they are in the USA.  You need a lawyer to determine
the best course of action.

Your only option may require you to sue in a US court.  Can you afford
that?  Even if it's possible to sue in a UK court, chances are the
individual may never visit the UK and thus be outside of the court's
jurisdiction.

Hmmm?  I wonder if you could get a judgement in a UK court and somehow have
the individual deemed an international felon?  Then by notifying INTERPOL,
*any* time that individual travels outside of the USA, they will be stopped
and held.

Best you bite the bullet and write it off.