Re: Final Review pls

by Bev Parks <cloudbow(at)primenet.com>

 Date:  Sun, 08 Mar 1998 00:29:44 -0700
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:12 PM 3/7/98 -0500, Peter Cutler wrote:
>non-profit site.
>this is the final review before the site goes 'live'.
>the news page will be filled with info later this week.
>no frames, no java, no javascript by design. Our audience contains folks of
>limited income and may only have access via very old equipment and
>browsers.
>interested in layout, navigation, etc.
>http://www.delvalnet.com/hap/

Great job! I'd say you designed to your target audience successfully. I
have only two comments:

1. The background has a disturbing gray streak in it on the right side. It
breaks up the smooth transition into yellow.

2. I don't think "The Homeless Advocacy Project" needs to be so big on
every page. H1 seems excessively large. You use only the logo on the Home
page and the name of the page gets lost. This is where you need that big H1
heading. By making the name and address information smaller on the
subsequent pages, you will give more attention to the page-specific
headline and it will bring the page-specific headline higher up on the page
where (I think) it belongs.

Keep up the good work!

Viewing with...
Win 95; Netscape 4.04, default font Souvenir Lt BT, 12 pt;
28.8 dial-up connection; 17-inch monitor, 1024 x 768.

Bev Parks  =^.^=  cloudbow(at)primenet.com
http://www.cloudbow.com
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/