Re: Please Critique CounselorNet

by Eric Kulaas <ekulaas(at)radiantd.com>

 Date:  Tue, 17 Mar 1998 21:04:27 -0500
 To:  Yosef Haas <YosefHaas(at)CounselorNet.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<excerpt>My site is
<<<<http://www.counselornet.com/>http://www.counselornet.com>:

Please comment on:

1: The overall and professional look of the site.

2: The site navigation:

3: Any other comments or suggestions that you might have.

       Thank You

</excerpt>

Yosef,

I suppose a site for Lawyers and Accountants would be a bit subdued but
this seems a little unbalanced.  The top gifs seem to outweigh the rest
of the page.  Possibly using some bold print of a larger size in some
areas would even things out.

Looking at the main page, reading what it was about, I was looking for
the list of counselors.  I'd recommend that the one who is there be noted
as such.  Something to differentiate the client from the site, I thought
he was the site.  (Although most of your viewers will know why they're
there)

The pages for Mr. Haas were VERY informative and well written.
Unfortunately I couldn't get back to the main page.  Typically I use the
"Back" button and for some reason it wasn't cached so I ended up offsite.
 I did go back to the FAQ page, it's about a mile long with the nav bar
and text at the bottom.  You might consider tables and/or shorter pages
for navigation.

Download speed seemed fine with the exception of the title gifs which
seemed to take forever.

The counter was broke (IE4) and the update line dated back to 1997
although the copyright date read 1997, 1998.  I'd take it off.

The file extensions were .shtml which has me puzzled, I thought the "s"
was for pages that made calls to the server.

Eric Kulaas

www.turftech.com

Member HTML Writers Guild

ICQ #558945