Conversion thoughts please

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 03 Aug 2000 20:59:14 -0500
 To:  hwg-critique(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello all,

Yes, I am new to this list but I need some constructive help on my latest
project.

http://www.illinoiswildlife.org/ is basically in the same state it was when
I *inherited* it. I tried to convert the index page to CSS and those using
NN 4.5 -- yes, I know the year is showing as 100.

But, it's a site originally created in FP and, I fear, a *professional*
house created the FP template -- arrrgh.

Now, the TD background colors are causing some real concern since the
members are accustomed to the look and it was sort-of created by someone
they were fond of who was able to do all this despite . . .

What would be the most painless way - for me and the members -- to convert
the site to a more valid and consistent look while not doing any obvious
finger-pointing?

Thank you in advance for any help/insight you might provide.

Tamara