Re: Please Critique

by katsuey <katsuey(at)katsuey.com>

 Date:  Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:27:03 -0500
 To:  "Rob Brosey" <rbrosey(at)earthlink.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:17 PM 06/25/2000 -0400, Rob Brosey wrote:
>Hi all...
>
>I have been working on a site and have almost come to the end.  Would some
>one please take a look at www.okinawascuba.com and tell me what you think?
>It's a pretty basic site.

Win 98, 800 X 600, IE 5.01, high contrast monitor, Windows colors

1. Need to code your left hand frame "white" or "#ffffff", it shows as=20
dirty grey and the backgrounds of the images show.

2. Text images at the bottom need work, just a slight bit blurry.

3. Your black text image against the pink image doesn't quite work for me.=
=20
I think perhaps it's the font of the black text (try something a little=20
less formal and perhaps a bit wider) You also might try a paint brush type=
=20
stroke for the black text so that it's more congruent with the pink image.

4. You've not seemed to have selected a color scheme. Take the dive shop=20
page. I see white, blue, purple, red, pink, black, another blue and another=
=20
shocking pink. That's until I scroll down and then there is even more=
 colors.

I suggest you stay with your white background and then choose three more=20
colors at most. One will apparently be red since you are using the red and=
=20
white image. Black and pink seem to be other colors you'd like to use, but=
=20
if so, you need your red and your pink to be of the same family so they=20
don't fight with each other.

5. Your OCS Chat page works MUCH better. Scratch that pink and so with the=
=20
red. I like the effect!

6. Island map is very nice too. You might consider putting a small border=20
around it, but it's very nice as it is.

7. Nice mouse overs. I think we are going to be able to read them when you=
=20
get that background coded white.

8. Gorgeous pictures under the Channel Crevasses - boy I wish I could live=
=20
there! Much prettier than Kansas <g> Map is messed up on Onna Point page.=20
Need to try that one again.

You've got an incredibly good amount of information, great start, just=20
consider the color thing to pull it together.

           ((( =B8.-=B7=B7=B7- ^~~ ^
            (         {>=AAY=AA<}
Katsuey's Legal Gateway
http://www.katsuey.com