Re: Candidates representing me

by Deborah Adelman <dadelman(at)q-com.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:06:21 -0600
 To:  Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>
 Cc:  hwg-elections(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:54 PM 1/12/98 -0800, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>Kynn writes: The Guild is not run as a representative democracy, and you
>are voting for someone to lead the Guild, not someone to represent you.

That's as may be, Kynn, but it still stands that the GB members DO
represent us. No way out of that. I have seen the respect of my colleagues
where I work when they learn that I am a Guild Member (like THEY couldn't
join) & when they see I am a list guide (like that makes me anything but a
glutton for punishment? LOL!).

I still say that GB members have to remember that they are governing a
Guild made up of many different peoples. And how they present themselves to
us & others does matter. And why can't I say that? Just my humble opinion. :)

Deborah