Re: E-commerce, Honesty and re-inventing the wheel

by "Jim Heaton" <Jim(at)Heaton.net>

 Date:  Wed, 9 Jun 1999 21:37:20 -0400
 To:  "Chris Hawkins" <wings(at)azstarnet.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>

From: Chris Hawkins <wings(at)azstarnet.com>
To: Jim Heaton <Jim(at)Heaton.net>
Cc: <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: E-commerce, Honesty and re-inventing the wheel

Chris Hawkins writes:

Programming is a wondrous thing.  So is graphic art, we need ALL of it, and
no one can get great at every single thing.

Point is, there are greatnesses in being able to design a site that works
for the user, is good navigationally and helps move people to calls to
action.

That is a skill too -- one that should have MUCH more value than is
currently NOT even being discussed as part of web design.

Chris,

That's my point too. Site design isn't on the way out and neither are
programmers or graphic artists. We need each and those of us in for the
long-haul will have to do what we're best at and leave other, equally
necessary, skills to those that are best at them.

Even a genius like Mozart couldn't play every instrument he included in the
music he wrote, so who do I think I am? <grin>

Jim