RE: Excel Charts to Web Site

by "Peter Williams" <Peter.Williams(at)hendersons.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:39:05 +1100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Excel 97 and up have a "Save as HTML" option and it
will convert charts, etc to gif images as it saves the
spreadsheet as a html table.

I wouldn't use jpeg for a graph/chart it is best for photographic
type images with large gradations and millions of colours.
Simple images like a cloured pie graph would come out smaller
and look better in gif format. Youcan't generally get away with
much resizing of any bitmap image. It loses quality easily.

Best to get the graphic to the correct size in Excel and then
do a screen capture (ALT-Prt Sc) and paste it into your image
editor or use the Save as HTML function if your version of
Excel has it.

Peter Williams
LAN Support/Webmaster