Re: Image coloring problem

by "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:56:09 -0700
 To:  "Jami" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jami,

PROBLEM: The images are GIFs, and the palettes don't match.

FIX: Easiest method would be to make the background color transparent, then
resave. Alternately, for a more specific fix, you could promote both images
to 24-bit color, place them both on the same "page", but with plenty of
space to cut them out later, get all the colors just as you want, reduce to
256 or 16 colors (whichever is more appropriate), use Optimized Octree with
Error Diffusion and Reduced Color Bleeding selection (optional on whether to
include Windows Colors or not), then cut the images out and save.

There are likely other options available.

Hope this helps!
Kehvan

:: This email was scanned by NORTON ANTI-VIRUS 2002 prior to
:: sending, and is certified to be free of any embedded or attached
:: viruses, trojans, or internet worms.