Re: Photoshop shadows for the Web

by Luke Opperman <luko(at)rocketmail.com>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Nov 1998 17:16:30 -0800 (PST)
 To:  kpurtell(at)unicom.net,
hwg-graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You could probably make a layer that was a black silouette
of the object, underneath the object, and positioned where
you want the shadow. then just reduce the opacity.
(assuming the background of the picture is the same as the
web page.) However, if you are talking about a transparent
gif it gets iffy, since the transparency cant be faded, it
is only one distinct color.

Good luck

Luke

===

                - ( luke opperman ) -
     Spigot Graphics, Cohesive Design for the Web
          - ( http://spigot.hypermart.net/ ) -

-- "Hey, what does mkfs do? Well, let's find out."