RE. Chit Chat? I think on topic..

by Chris Hawkins <wings(at)azstarnet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:47:31 -0700
 To:  "Harold A. Driscoll" <harold(at)driscoll.chi.il.us>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

Don't know whatcha mean, Harold.  What is the topic, if not helping us ask
the right questions, perhaps to the right people?  Knowing who we are and
what we do gives us form and meaning to the list, and gives understanding
about the expertise in different areas.  Personally, it's nice to know what
a person may be strong or weak in, as we can extend questions to them.

This is not chit-chat, in my opinion.  IT is helping us with answering
questions.

At 09:01 AM 6/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>And your question is?  /Harold
>
>ps. Even at its worst times, the HWG lists have never been a personal
>chit-chat channel... please, let's stay somewhat on topic. Please.
>
>At 03:22 06-06-99 , you wrote:
>>To all:
>>
>>I just want to also applaud Wendy for this post.
>>
>>Something that really stuck out to me was her offering of her strengths and
>>talents.  I think it would be really great if we all posted a bit about
>>ourselves, not only to show respect for who does what in this talented
>>group, but also to help us communicate with each other more efficiently.
>>
>>I'll start myself:  I do NOT come out of graphic arts technically -- that's
>>why I'm here most of the time!  What I have strength in is marketing and
>>concepts.  I have been a marketing guerilla director-type, wearing lots of
>>hats, supervising the art concepts and the customer databases and anything
>>else to get product moving and promoted.  I'm now sort of a cross between a
>>web developer and a rabid entrepreneur.
>>
>>Currently I am engaged in a web design and web promotion business.  Quite
>>frequently I ask questions about Illustrator and the tools because I
>>personally have not used the tools myself as in the past that was delegated
>>-- now that I'm acutally doing this, boy do I have a lot of respect for you
>>highly-trained graphic types!
>>
>>I am strong HTMLer and also a writer (couldn't tell it by my postings!) and
>> published nationally.
>>
>>I am happy to help anyone I can with anything, and thanks to all for taking
>>the time to help me out.

Chris Hawkins
Author & Web Architect
Home Office: 520-795-9979

The idea is not [only] to make art, but to be in that wonderful state which
makes art inevitable.

				-- Robert Henri and [CHRIS HAWKINS]