Re: web design career becoming obsolete? please no!

by Eliza and Zoe <halywn(at)xenon.net>

 Date:  Tue, 08 Jun 1999 06:54:52 +1000
 To:  "Liliane Miller" <lmiller(at)carolina.rr.com>,
"Hwg-Graphics" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 21:41 4/06/99 -0400, Liliane Miller wrote:

> but it has the kernel of a real issue in it, in that more and more people
>are looking sideways at me, saying "oh, i set up MY OWN web page...it was
>EASY!"

Think of it this way - anyone can use a camera, but when it comes to
something important, like photographs of a wedding, do you just let anyone
point and click?

There are three stages to any new enterprise.  The pioneers, who develop
it, then the "glut" where everyone has a go, then the professionals, who
continue when the glut drops off.

Our entire lifetime might be lived in the "glut", but professionals can
always demand a fair pay for their work.

Eliza