Re: Gutenberg signout

by "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:39:47 -0500
 To:  "Terence de giere" <terence(at)humanfactors.com>,
"Donna M Smillie" <dms(at)zetnet.co.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-gutenberg(at)hwg.org>, <frank(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> THE PAGE NUMBER PROBLEM
> A further note on the page numbers in hyde10 txt. To encode these original
> page numbers properly the element enclosing them would have to be an
inline
> element inside a paragraph, since they break some paragraphs in the
middle.
> In a style sheet it could be displayed as a block element. The page
element
> in the bookfrag DTD does not do this. It is a block element that can be
> placed between complete paragraphs, but not inside.

Yes this is a problem and it will need to be changed along the lines you
suggest. I don't really want to change the DTD for another 3 months, but it
is certainly something we need to revisit when we are designing version two
of the DTD. For now could you use the misc element with a class="pagenum"
attribute?

Frank