Re: Form processor on an nt box, using activestate perl?!

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:22:10 +0100
 To:  "Larry Coats" <lcoats(at)gte.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Larry -

>> And here's the all important error message:
>>     CGI Error
>>     The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning
>>     a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
>>
>>     Can't locate cgi-lib.pl in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib
>>     c:/Perl/site/lib .) at e:\domains\moorcroftcollectoronline.com
>>     \user\htdocs\cgi-bin\form_processor.pl line 19.
>
> cgi-lib.pl is a CGI library that's widely used, and is obviously
used by
> the CGI application you've installed. Have you installed cgi-lib.pl?
If
> not, you'll need to get it and install it (a search for cgi-lib.pl
will
> probably turn it up quickly, and it's free).

It's in the same bin as the form_processor.pl; this is my confusion;
it's there, but it's not being found.

> If you've installed it, and if it's in the same directory as the
> application that's using it, it should be picking it up. If it's in
> different library, you could copy it into that directory, or into
> c:/Perl/lib. Or you can change the code to add its library to @INC.
If I
> recall correctly, that's done like this if cgi-lib.pl is in
c:\xyz\mylib:

> use lib 'c:\xyz\mylib';

I don't have access to the c: root, I only have access as far as
e:\domains\moorcroftcollectoronline.com\user\, darn it.

It may well be that I have to go with Christie's idea. Thanks for the
reply, however; it does, at least, confirm my thoughts that cgi-lib.pl
wasn't being seen.

Anyone?

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Proprietor,
Intelligent Web Design Services
http://iws.n3.net/
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of IWS. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.