Re: PHP question as well

by "N.Whittley" <NWHITTLEY(at)cinci.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:15:23 -0500
 To:  "clay berglund" <wcberg(at)tulanzuyua.net>,
<hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well that is why I asked the question, since I had not seen hardly any
conversations here.

I have a hobby site, that has no budget and is getting busier by the day.  I
need to automate my site, with mySQL and php, and haven't a clue where to
start.  Well I have a clue, but each time I try to start something like Work
gets in my way :-).

My site at www.artistregistry.com .  It has no budget so I have to learn
this stuff for myself.  It is beginning to grow, and is taking more of my
time, and I need it to sort of maintain itself, and give the artists freedom
to create their own listings, and edit them if needed.  So anyone who has
any good suggestions, pass them on, but forget me hiring you cause there is
no money in the till! :-D

Now I am finding out my server is running their PHP in safe mode which for
someone who is just starting to learn, can't because some functions won't
work which will just confuse me.  I have recently been able to install
everything on my system that I need to learn, so I will work from my
machine, till I get this stuff figured out then I am looking for a new host.

Anyway I am open to suggestions and ideas, but dont' expect me to
understand....yet!  ( I am excited though I have seen what this stuff can do
and it is really awesome!)

Thanks

Nancy  (Great welcome by the way, which is why these hwg lists are so good!)

> I am in the same boat as Nancy.  Is this the place for PHP related
> questions?  I have been "lurking" waiting for some sign as to the nature
of
> the posts, but they are few and far between.
>
> Nancy, I sent an email to the list guides regarding the proper list, since
> it is a possibility that the hwg-servers list might be more appropriate.
As