Re: ASP database connections not working

by Clif Warren <dodger(at)zianet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 06 May 2000 19:24:29 -0600
 To:  Susan Duncan <sduncan(at)malico.com>,
"Hwg-Servers (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Susan,

Normally this error occurs when the database file resides on a different
machine than the ASP files...  The MS Knowledge Base has some information
about this at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q166/0/29.asp

HTH,
- Clif

At 12:52 AM 5/6/00 -0400, Susan Duncan wrote:
>I don't usually work with ASP but a client site hosts a couple of other sites
>and one of them has a newly redesigned site done in ASP.  I have set up the
>databases in the ODBC area and I can access them via ColdFusion but not
ASP.  I
>have downloaded the latest MDAC files but no joy there.

      Clif Warren,  MCP
    Lazerlite Enterprises
       1981 Bayard Ct.
    Las Cruces, NM  88001