Re: Image Loading (or Pre-Loading)

by "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Feb 2002 02:57:11 -0500
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Hi Nathan,
    Webmonkey has a pre-load javascript you may want to try:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/javascript_code_library/wm_pl_
img/?tw=reference&category=user_interface
    If the link dosen't work go to
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/index.html & the Javascript library &
look for WM_Preloadimages.
    I suggest you use the script on every page, loading *only* the next
image in the slideshow. If you load all of them on the first page, it will
probably take too long.
    HTH,
    ~ Paul