Re: WSIWYG Editor Recommendation 4 Client Updates

by "Christie Cooksey" <christie(at)thearmidalemall.com>

 Date:  Sat, 25 May 2002 14:33:25 +1000
 To:  "HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
> > This should stand as a lesson to all. You can really get the shaft
> > especially if you design anything for gratis, which is why I just don't
> > do any free sites anymore.
>
> Yes!  I have done two gratis websites and as soon as they were finished
and
> turned over as complete they were trashed by a well meaning someone that
> thought they knew how to make changes.
----------------------------

I just have to make a comment here...

I do the occassional gratis site and I find it very satisfying.  I just make
sure that I create an "admin" section (a page linking to a collection of
simple forms/scripts) to update any pages that need changing.  If you make
it easy for them to do online they don't tend to feel the need to upload or
fiddle with the raw code.

Cheers
Christie Cooksey  :0)
http://www.thearmidalemall.com