Re: Creative Purchase of Domain Name

by "Aline Parrone" <larlina(at)mozcom.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:52:43 +0800
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Craig Foot" <craig(at)matilda.net.au>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> Hi there!
>
> Unfortunately, here in Australia, we are not permitted to be creative
> in registering a domain name unless we have the name in question,
> registered as a business name.

so i guess a lot of you will just go ahead and register a domain name
without the
.com.au?

> As you can see, this leaves us with very little latitude with coming
> up with gimmicky names for established businesses. Pretty boring huh!

and also bad for australian-based domain name registering companies, i would
think so!

just curious, how do australian domain name companies handle registration
from abroad?

aline p.
http://www.banahawbreeze.com