Re: To Justify or Not To Justify

by "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita(at)home.ro>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Mar 2004 19:23:37 +0200
 To:  "Gary Krockover" <gary(at)garykrockover.com>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If the width of a column is small, it means that there are very few words on
a column.
Maybe on a line it will fit only two words if the surrounding text of those
words is formed from longer words which don't fit into that line.
Well, in that line it will be a very large gap between those 2 words.

In longer lines there are more words, and even if a large gap will be
printed into that line, that gap will be distributed among all words, so
each individual gap will be pretty small.

I never justify on the web but only on other media, so I don't know what
happends to the last line of a block of text.
Normally, it should not reach up to the right of the text block...

Teddy