Re: domain names & web hosts

by "Bob Laurence" <webguy(at)re-data.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:36:39 -0800
 To:  "Lauren Hanka" <bluejay(at)starband.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
 Is it true that when one registers a domain name with godaddy, that godaddy
> places itself as "Registrant" of that domain name? That's certainly not
> something I'd be happy with...<<<<<<<<

No it is totally false

all domains are registered in what ever name you choose

>From the site

 "All domain registrations are
   registered in YOUR NAME
   not ours."

see
http://registrar.godaddy.com/services.asp?isc=&se=%2B&from%5Fapp=&mscssid=43
3961

do a whois for c21brookings and you will see

bob