Re: AOL Image Compression

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:53:02 -0500
 To:  "Cindy Stanley,
SSS WebWorks" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>,
<hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well I didn't mess with the browser of the client.  Reason being, is most of
their employees
have AOL also, and no telling how many clients that visit their site.  And I
decided it was better to fix it on my end for All, rather than have them fix
their browser, and then only they would see the right thing.  Anyone surfing
with AOL meaning the average home user, isn't going to understand how to go
into their preferences and fix that.  So that they would just automatically
see the correct things, I fixed it on my end!  It was a bit of an effort on
my part, but that is my job to make sure "their" clients see their site
right the first time.  That is why I went to all that trouble!  I could have
fixed the clients browser, and made them happy but that wouldn't have made a
difference to the consumer that visits and sees it looking awful.  It was
just simpler to make it nice looking for all to see, not just them.
"Attention To Detail"

Nancy